Dive into your scrap stash - creative fun!

Have a large scrap stash? Detest paying  money for greeting cards?


Make Journals! I found some small good quality small and medium sized note books with ring binding  for $2 and larger A5 ones for $4-5.

I thought they'd be great covered as small notebooks with a message inside as I would with a greeting card..then the recipient gets to have a notebook to have in their sewing room, car, handbag to make notes about projects, doodle designs and ideas etc...

These images are of photo album sized books...some are black paper photo albums, others are large landscape drawing sketch books.

I've used Lyric's Kincard's tutorial http://lyrickinard.blogspot.co.nz/2011/03/tutorial-sketchbook-slipcover.html Super easy.


Here are some great sayings/sentiments I'm going to write in my "gift books" as gifts to busy people who I think would appreciate a sketch book that ensures they make time for themselves......
  • When you say yes to others make sure you are not saying no to yourself! (Paula Coelha)
  • Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening  to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky is by no means  waste of time (John Lubbock)
  • The time to relax to relax and take a minute for yourself is when you simply don't have time to do it.
  • You can do anything, but not everything (David Allen)

and my favourite.................................

...............which is my sewing room when it is clean, looking at my fabrics, looking out the window at the trees and not hearing the children!!!!!!
 
Clear your fabric scrap stash and your head this weekend!

Comments