Bowls and boxes


I just bought a pattern for some nesting fabric bowls. My friend Rach has made countless number of these and they look fab. Here is the pattern  http://acuppaandacatchup.com/nesting-fabric-bowls-pattern/

Having just bought a new campervan I need some soft storage receptacles for up in the kids luton bed area and under seats and thought they would make some  great Christmas presents too.


I found this basket weave fabric at Spotlight ( its a cotton drill) and thought that would be fab as a middle fabric in my bowls or liner.
 
Nova nesting bowls website   had these too (the box pattern comes with the bowl pattern too). I've got some Cat  in the Hat fabric somewhere in the back of the cupboard too!

So now I've finished making tooth fairy pillows, fairy wings for a Playcentre stall for the Spring fair I can get my sewing room in order for the school Holiday's and get my sewing done!
I have a range of UFO's to do...there's a challenge table runner for Quilt group to start/finish, 2 quilts for gifts, these bowls, a tote or two and then I  get the mending pile to review and then I start to tink about collaborative quilt projects................and then a few portrait and patch projects which coudl lend themselves to future classes - blending different textile/piecing techniques and monoprinting/stitch .............................with only 2 weeks for schoool holidays!

Comments