Shopping and Spools?

A trip to Kilbirnie in Wellington meant a quick call into Stitchbird Fabrics.
http://stitchbird.co.nz/

I saw this cushion on Sitchbird's blog and could not resist it as you get 2 cushions out of the cut as it is a double print on the width of the fabric. Wouldn't it look fab if it came in an inky blue background!!!





I needed some more fabric to use in my Symposium entry and could not resist a few more...will these appear in the quilt?
I do love the far right fabric called Lets pretend by Michael Miller..represents  the work/play that my children do at Playcentre and home!

The greys are being stashed for a future projects

 

Now I'm looking for an easy and small quilt pattern/idea for a gift that a group of people can be involved in forming/contributing to that may include people who have not sewn- may not have large stashes of fabric but may have a few  bits lurking or could buy a fat quarter etc

 
My search has me thinking about a spool quilt?
 
small rectangles of fabric easily proffered or assembled from a group? A kit could be made (if the quilt doesn't get made  to the recipient with all the chosen provided scrap fabrics pre cut? What do you think.. I thought this might be a good way to pull together a possibly disharmonious group of fabric with a diverse range of people to make 1 thing?
If you have any  other ideas you  can think of or patterns you use as a go to for collaborative quilts/scrap quilts? - do email me with them!
 
 


Comments