Sentimental journeys?

 
 
 
 
 
So Master 4 year old spotted this at the Busy Bee Quilt shop as we went to pick Nana and Grandpa up from the airport ( the only time I can justify heading to this part of the city is when we have visitors arriving as it is near the airport)
 
Made from Deborah Edwards Northcott.com set of connector playmat panels.
I intended them to be made for Christmas 2016 - but you'll read in my last post, that such things were not going to happen.
 

What Grandpa and Master almost 5 year old loves more than collecting firewood and pinecones, is a trip on a train. Grandpa also has a liking for buying and collecting shirts (many from charity shops and picks some very nice quality ones!) Our family love a good charity shop and my children call them "treasure shops" as we go and find treasure!

To unburden him ( or am I feeding his habit?) before he can buy more he has to rid himself of some...and so I get a few shirts every time he visits (the odd one is not easily relinquished and goes home again!)


 
and so armed with a bag of 6 inch squares of lovely soft pre-loved shirt material, I am piecing a backing of Grandpa's shirts, to accompany the front "train" quilt. I'll pop a photo transfer of Grandpa and Master almost 5 going no a train trip onto the back - a sentimental nod to their shared love and how Grandpa  literally took the shirt off his back for Master almost 5 year old!
 
Here we go....those panels bordered by a Dr Seuss fabric

The best side Master K says!




Comments